Friday 22 July 2011

Some more Challenges...



So today I have two cards to show you guys. The first is a card I'm using to enter Allsorts Free and Easy July Challenge.

For this card I used a square Green card and cut a chunk off at the right hand side. I then used a backing paper which I felt had the vintage feel and added that to the front and inside the card so it would be seen when closed. I used a vintage "pyrimage" picture of a boy defending himself from snowballs and a little embellishment saying merry christmas. Simply finished off with a bit of Gold Papermania ribbon.
Don't usually like vintage looking images but quite like this card.

The next card I have is for the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge which was holidays. When someone mentions the word holiday to me, I don't necessarily think of jetting off somewhere but more of seasonal events so this card is another Christmas one.

For this card I used a green tree background but ripped some grey paper I had to try and give and ice background for my decoupage of the Santa and penguins. I then used a HoHoHo die cut that I had and to give it a bit of liveliness I went over it in some red lacquer. I love these lacquers I have and just keep trying to add them onto everything.

Hope you like :)
<3
xxx

1 comment:

darcy48 said...

Lovely cards Lindsay specially like the Santa card love mumx