Wednesday 20 July 2011

So the rest...



Phwee a more slow post but still last minute entries for challenges on thursday ha.

First is my card which I have combined for Cute Card Thursday and Dutch Dare Card Challenge.



So the Challenge for Cute Card Thursday was Circles. My mum had stamped me this Penny Black image onto a circle piece last week so I thought it would be ideal. I coloured it using Pro markers and then used chalk around the edge to tie it in better with the background paper. I also thought the background paper (which I believe was papermania) was a good choice for this challenge because of the circles which contain the snowflakes.
I then embellished it with what was needed for the Dutch Dare Challenge which was; Buttons, Bows, Brads and Bling. I used some spotty red and white Papermania ribbon on the edge of the card and created a bow with the same ribbon to stick on top in the corner. The buttons you see are also brads and then the bling in the top right corner are just some gems that I stuck down using double sided tape. Think so far this is my fave card this week.

My next card today is for the combined challenges of Charisma Cardz and Sketch Saturday.

The challenge for Charisma Cardz was Stars and I had this great star paper and toppers but didn't know how to really use it on a card. That's why I combined it with the sketch for Sketch Saturday. I used some contrasting paper with the stars and then used the same paper as ribbon at the bottom right of the topper. Above the image I used a Merry Christmas Paper Ribbon which was on one of the sheets of paper and then added 5 green round brads. I was quite shocked to see though that the ribbon actually said Meryyy Chrsitmas. practically all along it. Should be interesting to see if the receiver notices it!

<3

xxx

6 comments:

sandra's crafty corner said...

what a lovely card and perfect for our challenge at dutch dare card challneges
sandra dt xxx

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Linzi, what a gorgeous card. I love the star paper and topper. Great colour scheme and layout. Thanks for joining us at charisma cardz challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Clare Brown said...

what a fabulous card, just perfect for our stars theme this week.

hugs Clare x

Vanja said...

Two gorgeous cards! The image on the first one is adorable.

Thank you for joining us at CCT! :)

Vanja

darcy48 said...

Fab cards but my fave this week is the little mouse rolling the snowball with the other mouse in it so cute hugs Mumx

darcy48 said...

Congratulations Lindsay on winning the Dutch Dare challenge with that cute card Mumx