Sunday 24 July 2011

A few Challenges




So today after a rather long lie in after only getting in from work at 4.30 a.m. I sat and crafted with my Mum and sister who has come to stay for a fortnight.

We decided to tackle the challenges, so this post will have some and then I'll complete some more this week to put up.

So first is a card for I Love Promarkers (Xmas in July) , Winter Wonderland (Holly and Ivy) and Sassy Studio Designs (Clean and Simple).



I used a stamp image my sis had and coloured it with the promarker shades of: Dusty Pink, Spice, Cocoa, Sandstone, Ice Grey 1, Ruby, Peach, Gold, Meadow Green, Denim Blue, Bluebell, Slate, Vanilla, Ice Grey 2. Then used some holly background paper and tried to draw some holly leaves to finish the card off. I didn't want to add anything more as I liked the clean finish too it, which then made me want to add it to Sassy Studio Designs challenge.

The next card I made was for the challenges Papertake Weekly (Cute), Cute Card Thursday (Card for man in your life) and Totally Papercraft (One for the boys). It wasn't made for them all on purpose but when I looked at the challenges it seemed to fit :)
So this is the card:

I used a little dragon stamp (I believe it's Lili of the Valley) and coloured him again using promarkers. I love this little guy! He always makes me go awwwwww haha. I just used some simple black and multicoloured glitter card as the backing and I think the bronze I layered the dragon and sentiment on gives them a nice separation from the card. I then just finished it with 3 orange with white dots round brads. I like this card, simple but cute and would defs give it to a lil guy :).

My Final card for today is this one:

For the Lili of the Valley Challenge (Fun & Games) and Lollipop Crafts (Anything Goes).

I used a Lili of the Valley stamp of her playing dress up and having a tea party which I thought fitted the Fun and Games criteria. Some simple pink and white dots background paper, with some green dotty ribbon as I liked the green with the pink and purple. I then just finished it with a little sentiment and some flowers :)

Hope you enjoyed my cards. Be back soon with more
<3
xxx

6 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

great take on this weeks challenge at the Winter Wonderland and beautiful creation, thank you for joining us
Hugs Kate xx

WeirdCat said...

Very cute cards, love your chosen images, thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers this week
Ruth x

Tine said...

Hi Lindsay. You have been busy. Lovely cards. As for the one for our challenge I love your Magnolia image. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers.
Tine :)

Arline said...

Lovely cards sis....love the dragon one!x

darcy48 said...

Hi love your cards great to see and hope you are having fi=un making them mumx

Jeni said...

Beautiful cards! So glad you entered that cute little dragon in the Totally Papercrafts challenge. ~jeni :)